In ALICE II, trainers will conduct practical scenarios in a classroom environment. Trainers will demonstrate the use of infrastructure, communications and ALICE principles and options to react in given situations. Trainers will use low-impact projectiles, such as stress balls or Nerf-type material, to simulate the use of weapons with air-horn sound simulation. Any safety equipment needed will be provided and a review of safety protocols will be discussed prior to the demonstrations.
ALICE II sessions will include:
- Brief review of ALICE concepts
- Goals and objectives of the scenarios
- Safety procedures
- Two to four scenarios ranging from a traditional lockdown-only strategy to the full use of ALICE concepts, complete with communication, evacuation, counter strategies and lockdown using simple barricading techniques.
- Question and answer, as time allows
- Thursday, August 16, 2018
- 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- PA 145